The GS team brings extensive experience in the rapid growth DTC space. Our founder Mark Patchett has driven over $1B in revenue, including scaling Nectar Sleep to be the #1 fastest growing 2018 ecom in the USA ($10M -> $240M). Our Chief Growth Officer, Gavin Conway, founded the internal growth accelerator at Omnicom and ran performance marketing for AirBnB in Europe, alongside a host of other prominent scale-up brands including BlaBlaCar, Zopa and Nutmeg.
As for GS specifically, we launched our first portfolio of brands last January after partnering with a business that turned over $1M p/a. We closed 2020 at $30M/$68.5M run rate. We’ll close 2021 at $150M through scale and acquisition with 2022 set for $300M.
We’re looking for an elite Growth Strategist to help lead execution across our portfolio brands and strategic partner clients. This would involve identifying the highest potential opportunities, mapping out where we want to take them, managing our internal team of performance and growth marketers, data/BI, copywriters, product engineers, designers and everything in between. You will have every lever at your disposal and the freedom to execute however you see fit.
- Growth and efficiency of your brands
- Team happiness of all of those you’re leading in your pod
- A trusting client relationship.
- Constantly demonstrating innovation and non-cookie-cutter approaches across on-and offline channels.
What your team will be doing:
- Building and executing rapid growth plans for clients and co/owned brands. Digging deep into client/competitor/market data to determine where the opportunity is (e.g. are there clear LTV problems, or perhaps immediate AOV wins, is cash being inefficiently burned across channels, is there deadweight in the funnel killing CR, could more volume be sent to the phone team THEN taking these ops and building a plan then executing.
- Developing methodologies for determining the value and scale potential of companies we can acquire/invest in or new ideas we can launch.
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years+ experience building and managing growth teams client side
- You’ve had agency and client side experience and/or started your own ventures
- You’re highly operational/process driven
- You love to build, lead and mentor teams
- You have experience working to a P&L
- You’re an A+ executor but also think creatively
- You self educate and invest in your own personal growth
- You’re confident, express your opinions, but are completely open minded and care most about achieving the right outcome for the team and the business
- You get that life shouldn’t be too serious
- You’re comfortable operating with multiple time zones
- You’re not a traditional 9-5 type
What we offer:
- What we offer:
- A values-driven, open and inclusive environment
- Great base salary plus equity earn in
- Freedom to start/end the day when you want (we believe adults should be treated like… adults) and plenty of flexibility to work from home/remote
- Travel to our international bases (including Kyiv and Ho Chi Minh)
- Enhanced Pension plan
- Generous parental leave package and benefits designed to support your life
- A focus on team wellbeing and happiness with regular workshops and events
- A flexible holiday plan that encourages taking time out to refresh
- Whatever tech you need to make it happen
- A sincere care from us to make this the most fulfilling role you’ve ever had
How to Apply
- If the role sounds like a good fit, please send a cover letter to email@example.com including:
- A bio on what you’ve been working on over the last 5 years
- Key challenges and how you identified them
- Biggest wins and failures (and how you changed your strategy as a result)
- A summary of what you’d be proud to achieve in the next 5 years
- What else you do other than what brings your main income source
- Advice you would give your 16 year old self
- Your LinkedIn profile and all the details we need to get in touch